Search This Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dog Brags

Above is Rocky, still a puppy here in Alaska, taking a Group 4 in the show ring against some very strong competition!


I have a dog brag worthy of a little blogspace!


Crufts 2009 held in Birmingham, England, is now over with. It has an even bigger entry than the US's Westminster dog show and is considered the top show of the year. A few years back now, one of my cattledog boys was exported to the UK and now lives with his owner in Northern Ireland, working cattle and sheep occasionally like a good Australian Cattle Dog should (be able to do as needed). Rocky is happy there with Daryl, this I know first hand because I went over there last fall and saw for myself. Well, Rocky sired a litter a few years ago now and one of his daughters, Taz, won Best of Breed at Crufts 2008. Well I got news that she won it again this year! WOW! More often a Best of Breed in the dogs goes to a boy rather than a girl. But even harder is winning it all, 2 years in a row! Rocky's mom and dad are here, his mom Spice is 11 years old now and still healthy and sound for her age. His dad Chuckles hopes to sire a litter for us this year too. I'm glad that Taz won again. I'm even more happy that her sire was one of my boys from a long line of working, herding dogs too. Congratulations Lesley for doing a wonderful job of showing your lovely girl!

5 comments:

Sharrie said...

Wow!!! I am just learning about Crutfs. That is a wonderful thing to win a title like that two years in a row. Nice breeding!

Michelle said...

Great news - but no photos of the lovely lady? Boo hoo!

Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

Well Michelle, you're sleeping.....

And Thanks Sharrie! Yes, that's a HUGE accomplishment!

Michelle said...

Well, I see a photo of Rocky, but not Taz . . . .

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

congrats on such awesome news!!