Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Good morning!

This morning I went to check on new mom, Sister. I jugged her last night with her ewe lamb in hopes she'd figure out that she needed to feed this little girl by herself without my assistance. All is well...mom is standing for her little girl and she is nursing quite well on her own. I even got the pleasure of seeing her other end working properly too, meaning she'd indeed had a good meal already before I'd gotten there.

Alaska Dominique, a dark Moorit, gave birth to, yes, a Moorit ram lamb with a small Krunet. She's an old hand at this and I watched him easily get his first meal while her eyes glazed over...hehehe....she's a good mom, and is the dam of Sister who has the best fleece in my group. The ram lamb looks to have a good tight crimp also, but we'll see later when he dries off a bit more.

Photos soon....

2 comments:

Tina T-P said...

Your new lambs are very sweet looking and how lucky, you got girls! That Barbados is a very handsome fellow!

We are two for two in the ram lamb department - Thought Anna Dee was going to lamb yesterday - today she's acting like nothing is different - I think she's going to wait until next week and have them on our anniversary :-)

Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

Thank you! Barbados is only a year old now...I think he's going to be quite the handsome man indeed! Good luck with Anna Dee...watch for a low pressure front moving in, that should do it!
:-)