Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Can we gripe a bit?

How about a good gripe session. Is everyone ready for a good session?

How about those phone calls when you have your hands full, lovely automated calls that have to tell you what you already see too much of on TV, that their candidate is the perfect choice? If they don't have the courtesy to have a real human on the other end that you can ask questions to, then don't bother to call.

Let's see, what else.......

Oh yes! The person that emails to say they will be at your farm on said day at said time, to pick up said animal(s), and then they don't show up, didn't call, and didn't think to email that they had something come up and wouldn't make it. Well, we all have days like that, but for some reason there are many people out there that think farmers in particular sit on their chairs on the front porch all day with nothing better to do than to be waiting at the house for that person to show up. Hello? It's harvest time? Do they even realize how you carefully arranged your schedule for that day so that you'd be somewhere near the house and could have time to spend with this person? Nope, they email you the next day to say they got busy and that they'll just drop by sometime today - NOT! We're in the middle of harvest which can put me a quarter mile away and out of sight of the house, I have too many projects already planned for today, and I'm ticked that this person thinks my time isn't worth as much as theirs is.

What's your gripe today? Come on, I'm sure you'd like to get it off your chest....


2 comments:

Deborah Niemann said...

Not quite as bad as yours, but here goes ...

One woman has been calling me since April saying she wants to buy two does. First, she was waiting for her "economic stimulus check." Then she comes over to look -- and before she came, she asked if she could put a deposit down on any goats that she liked. I said, sure! She looks and leaves without a deposit. Several weeks later, she calls and asks if I still have a certain goat. No, she's sold. She insists that she wanted that one and told me so. No, she didn't. She finally said she wanted a couple others ... um, last month ... and I still haven't received the deposit.

Then last week I got an email from a woman who asked me 34, yes 34 questions, about my goats! After I got over my shock and annoyance, I actually took the time to answer all 34 questions. Then she calls, and then she emails again ... this time about a dozen questions, including some of the same questions I've already answered. Then she says she's decided to go with goats that are closer to her, since I'm four hours away. Now I am actually relieved that she didn't buy a goat from me, because I got a call from another breeder that she contacted, and since I'm sure you don't want to hear the whole story, let's just say that this woman is a couple sandwiches short of a picnic.

I hate selling goats. That's probably why I've never tried to sell any of my sheep.

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Sigh...yes - have shared all of those experiences with you. And how about the people that drop by (unexpectedly) when you are finally trying to get a bite of supper at 8 o'clock at night (because you have been busy making hay or cleaning barns or whatever) and they want to know what you have been doing all day? Or the comments "geesh, you haven't got anything done...why not?"

Sigh...