Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Nothing to do with the sheep, only the Shepherd


Yesterday this Shepherd took time to smell the roses. Around here in Alaska, we don't get to grow roses in the ground except a few varieties in select micro-climates. Most of us grow them in pots on the deck and some winter them over in a cool dark place in the garage. I got to enjoy my first rose blooming, the flower opening up yesterday with a very heavy old fashioned fragrance. I thought I would share it with you - from Jackson Perkins, it's called "Outrageous". I think it is outrageous in a wonderful way. So, stop and smell the roses along the way, even if that way is to the sheep shed.

2 comments:

Nancy Larsen said...

Love your rose and your new lambs from Peeps. They are both beautiful.
Nancy L.

Nancy Larsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.