Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Quite the year....

2011 was quite the year. Suffice it to say it was one of those years you'd prefer to forget but you know you never will. My best friend and long-time companion cattledog passed away in June from a sudden illness that nearly took my heart with her. She had had surgery in April - only 2 months later she was gone. I lost interest in many things and just plugged along doing what needs to be done daily on a big farm. At the same time, as I carried her outside daily to sit with her in the grass when she could no longer walk, I got a spider bite and came close to being sent to the hospital and was told I could loose my leg. After 2 weeks of daily doctor visits and 3 time a day wound cleaning and dressing that literally made me scream each time, it closed up and life could finally proceed. The whole nine yards was life-changing. I didn't bother registering lambs, instead I sold a few to spinners to enjoy and for folks who wanted pets. They went to good homes and that counted for allot. Lots of others things happened last year and we'll just say I'm glad it's done and we've moved on to 2012!

This year most of the Minwawe girls are bred to Peyton, my lovely Gulmoget from Garrett. A couple of very nice lambs from a few years ago are bred to Minwawe Captain. I'm sure we'll have some nice lambs available to those who would like registered Shetlands - some will be Gulmogets, some spotted, all quite colorful with some having exceptional fleeces. Feel free to email me if you're looking for some lovely lambs this year in Alaska! Lambing will start the end of March/beginning of April.

No comments: